Friday, February 13, 2009

A Progressive Articulation

8 Random Items for 2/13/2009 #3
Such knee-jerk disdain for government — this constant rejection of any common endeavor — cannot rebuild our levees or our roads or our bridges ... Only a nation can do these things. Only by coming together, all of us, and expressing that sense of shared sacrifice and responsibility ... can we do the work that must be done in this country. That is the very definition of being American.
I don't think Obama is being nearly aggressive enough with the stimulus package. I find his reluctance to pursue criminal investigations against the previous administration harmful to the future of our nation. His interest in bi-partisan solutions borders on the naive. Still ... I think he has greatness within him. On a day when we celebrated the 200th birthday of one of our great liberal Presidents, Abraham Lincoln, President Obama articulated the liberal vision of America better than any mainstream politician has in years. This can be seen as a call to action.

No comments: