- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that William Timmons, the head of John McCain's transition team, was a paid lobbyist for Saddam Hussein. Well, not really. Republicans have a long history of hypocrisy when it comes to making money. There's no one they won't do business with. Dick Cheney, while CEO of Halliburton, even lobbied for the lifting of sanctions on Iran! Again, if there's money to be made, there's no one the Republicans won't do business with.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that John McCain gave a speech supporting ACORN in 2006. Well, not really. Republican hypocrisy is always more pronounced when their backs are against the wall. With one poll showing Obama ahead by 14 points, the Republicans are desperate for any excuse to explain the loss, and Republicans love bogus voter fraud stories, specially those they can blame on black people. Still, it's rather jarring to hear McCain praise ACORN by saying "what makes America special is what's in this room tonight". McCain really is a typical Republican politician.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that a delegation of Russians visited Alaska on an energy mission and Sarah Palin didnt know about it. Well, not really. I think it was obvious to anyone whose eyes are open that the whole energy queen bit for Palin was bogus. Have we heard her say anything useful about energy yet? You might assume she's got more to say than "drill baby drill", but I wouldn't be so sure.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that John McCain didn't correct the Virginia state GOP chairman for accusing Barack Obama of being like Osama Bin Laden in that they both "have friends that have bombed the Pentagon" when asked about it during an interview. Well, not really. John McCain is a coward who refuses to stand up to the radical nature of his own party. It's hard to think of a man with less dignity and less honor than John McCain.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Sean Hannity is claiming with a straight face that no Republicans are attacking Obama based on race. Well, not really. Sean Hannity is paid to lie for the Republican party. In fact, that might be the job description for every on air personality for Fox News.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that John McCain, despite having condemned robo calls as hate calls in 2000, is now using them against Barack Obama. Well, not really. Hypocrisy is standard operating procedure for any Republican. It's not like McCain has any dignity or honor left at this point anyway.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that the prom queen has implied that North Carolina is pro America and other parts of our nation are not. Well, not really. The woman has no self control. This is the type of thing Republicans are usually smart enough to not say out loud and especially in front of a crowd. Joe Biden eviscerated her for it.
- I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that the Supreme Court decided in favor of the Democratic Secretary of State in the Ohio voter registration dispute. Really. After all, at least four members of this Supreme Court are despicable tools for the right, yet they came back unanimously on this issue. This has nothing to do with voter fraud, this is simply the McCainites laying the groundwork to claim that the election results are in dispute.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Quick 8: I'm Shocked
Labels:
ACORN,
John McCain,
Oil,
Quick8,
Sarah Palin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment