8 Things About The 8 Things #4
Generally, the blog has been a series of eight items about whatever popped into my mind at that moment. It devolved into eight short comments on the news everyday. Anyone can read the news. I had to move past it, and the only way I knew how was to just stop and figure things out.
I'm interested in the idea of learning. I'm interested in thinking better. I'm interested in being better educated. I think this is common trait that all liberals share. If you have the time, and a high tolerance for evil, visit some of the right wing blogs like Red State, The Corner or InstaPundit (no links -- I don't link to conservative blogs -- ever, ever, ever). These sites preach well, but they don't inform well. Following the maze of links tends to lead right back to other right wing sources. Liberal posts tend to lead to real news stories, actual quotes, or original reporting.
From this point forward, The 8 Things will be about learning. I will continue to get angry at the conservatives, but I will focus more on why I'm angry than on just calling names. I will take the issues of the day and share my learning. I will continue reading as many books as I can find and will find nuggets within them to share. The 8 Things will not be a textbook ... it will not be a complete resource for learning any topic. Instead, it will be a jumping off point. A point to begin your exploration.
I hope it works out and I hope you will continue to visit.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment