Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Other Blogs

8 Things About The 8 Things #5

So, in the process of readying The 8 Things for a return, I had to "clear the decks" and get some other things out of my system. I decided to start two other blogs, each with a different purpose.

Stupidity Run Amok
is another political blog. I read a lot of online commentary and a lot of news and I'm continually amazed at the amount of ignorance and stupidity within the conservative movement. If I allow it, I can spend all of my time responding to the stupidity. Honestly though, I'd rather spend my time more constructively. This new blog allows me to get it all out of my system. Anything you used to see on The 8 Things labeled "Words of Stupidity" can now be found on the new blog, along with an occasional insult hurled at the conservative who created the stupidity. This will hopefully get it out of my system and allow me to focus on the more important issue of learning.

This isn't to say that "Words of Stupidity" will disappear from The 8 Things. They will still appear, but they will be framed in a way from which we learn something about conservatives. They will be used to illustrate what is wrong with conservatism rather than used as an opportunity to laugh at the willfully ignorant.

My other new blog is called Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. This is a blog devoted to baseball and more specifically, to the hobby of collecting baseball cards. Check it out if you want. I created this blog so that I had a creative outlet for something other than politics and to give me another topic to write about so that I can get my writing back to a point where I can be proud of it.

No comments: