Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Final Random Thoughts

8 Thoughts on Steroids in Baseball for 2/11/2009 #8
  • I keep hearing fans say things like, "As far as I'm concerned, Hank Aaron is still the real home run king." Who cares what you think? Sorry, but no, he isn't. I'm as big a Hank Aaron fan as you will ever find. I think that he runs circles around Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez as both a player and a man. Still, the fact is that Barry Bonds hit more home runs than he did. Case closed.

  • Is there anyone who seriously thinks Congress needs to get involved with steroids in baseball again? What good could possibly come from it? 

  • Some idiot at Bleacher Report, a sports blog to which I refuse to link, posted today that he suspects Chipper Jones of the Braves might be on the juice. Was this post based on any actual evidence? No. It was simply based on Chipper's batting average the past several years. A good review of the post is available at Talking Chop. It is the height of irresponsibility to make this accusation in the absence of any evidence. Sadly, I don't think the sports pages at many newspapers, let alone sports talk radio, operate at any higher level of journalistic integrity.

No comments: