Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Curious Case of Barry Bonds

8 Thoughts on Steroids in Baseball for 2/11/2009 #6

Everyone has made up their minds about Barry Bonds. I readily admit that I have as well. The man used steroids. I don't doubt that for a second. Still, there's more to the case than just his steroid use. How does one drug user end up in a seven year dance with the Justice Department?

I heartily recommend this story by ESPN Magazine's Jon Pessah. This is just another case of how the government works under a conservative administration. The constitution has, once again, been thrown in the garbage. 
Three federal judges reviewed the raid. One asked, incredulously, if the Fourth Amendment had been repealed. Another, Susan Illston, who has presided over the BALCO trials, called Novitzky's actions a "callous disregard" for constitutional rights. All three instructed him to return the records. Instead, Novitzky kept the evidence ...
You would think our federal government had more important cases to pursue than a seven year vendetta against Barry Bonds. Seriously. Torture anyone?

No comments: