Thursday, January 22, 2009

Forgive and Forget?

8 Random Items for 1/22/2009 #7

Perish the thought. Here's Hunter at Daily Kos ...
I won't soon forget Bush and his band of incompetent, bullying, self-absorbed, ideologically obsessed buffoons -- an administration so bereft of value that even the Economist wrote its obituary using examples, comparisons and words (incompetent included) that had appeared on this site for most of Bush's time in office. But I also won't forget those who, in service to their own coddled hierarchies or fear of sounding 'petty' or 'dogmatic', weren't willing to lift their voices too loudly or too energetically against one damn bit of it. They are as much to blame as anyone in the Bush administration, and while it would be As Convenient As All (F***ing) Hell for the world to forget that it was their own deregulation odes that led to catastrophe, that their own military-playtime assertions were proved concretely to be nothing short of moronic, and their own papers hemmed and hawed over whether or not blind inhumanity towards our fellow man -- in the form of torture -- was really condemnable, or merely gauche, or whether or not government figures spreading now-proven-absolutely-no-question-about-it-false assertions to goad a democracy into war count as something that should be held against someone, or merely the stuff of past history, nobody's fault really -- while it would be astonishingly convenient for all of us mere peons to forget all of that, and cast recriminations against no one, and go on with our lives like good little shoes and thimbles in someone else's damned board game -- I think I will probably not forget. I am fairly certain, in fact.

No comments: