Monday, December 8, 2008

American Hero

8 Random Items for 12/8/2008 #3

I have no idea what General Eric Shinseki's politics are. I'm not sure I care. At a time when far too many on the left, and seemingly everyone who matters on the right were pushing for war with Iraq, Gen. Shinseki tried his best to get a little bit of reality out to the American people.

Yes, in and of itself, the invasion of Iraq was a massive mistake. However, if the people responsible for perpetrating this war had listened to good men like Gen. Shinseki, there would be more Iraqi citizens alive today and there would certainly be more American soldiers alive today. Instead, he was forced into retirement.

President-Elect Obama has appointed General Shinseki to head the Department of Veteran Affairs. We know that Shinseki is a man who will always do what is best for his fellow soldiers. President-Elect Obama has hit yet another cabinet pick out of the park.

No comments: