Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pardon the Vulgarity

8 Random Items for 11/18/2008 #8

I'm proud to be a Democrat because of the people who make up the party. I'm proud to be a Democrat because it was Democrats that gave America the New Deal. I'm proud to be a Democrat because it was Democrats that defeated fascism. I'm proud to be a Democrat because it was Democrats who passed landmark civil rights legislation. I'm proud to be a Democrat because of the party's support for labor. I could go on and on. Nothing I'm about to say should cause any doubt that I am anything but the loyal, loud partisan I've always been. I'm proud to be a Democrat but it is a crying shame that our elected officials don't always live up to the ideals of our party, to our party's history or to the people they represent.

Joe Lieberman has been removed from a committee seat where he supports the party line and allowed to remain as the Chairman of the Homeland Security committee. How did this happen?

Many of our elected officials are really quiet stupid. They worship at the alter of bi-partisanship. They might even fancy themselves independents. (Independents are the dumbest people in the American electorate. Bar none.) This is the fault of Barack Obama who sent the signal that he wants Lieberman to keep his and to every one of the Democratic senators who voted to allow it to happen.

Here's my message to them. F**k you Barack Obama. F**k you Harry Reid. F**k you Dick Durbin. F**k you Ken Salazar. F**k you Chris Dodd. F**k you Tom Carper. F**k you Bill Nelson. F**k you to every one of the 42 Democratic Senators who hid behind an anonymous vote to support the bastard Lieberman. F**k you to Howard Dean for defending the deal. F**k you to every Republican and independent who likes and supports Joe Lieberman. Actually, f**k you to every Republican anyway. F**k you to every television pundit that talks about bi-partisanship as if its a good thing. And a hearty f**k you to Joe Lieberman, a miserable piece of dog sh**.

I'm still optimistic about this administration and this Congress, but do not forget for one second that for all their promise, these are politicians. They will only do what needs to be done if we make them. MAKE THEM.

Oh yeah. They also passed a resolution condemning Lieberman for his attacks against Obama. It's good to see they attack with teeth.

No comments: