- Does George Bush want to let GM go under the same way he allowed Lehman Brothers to go under? Does he realize that if any of the big three automakers go under it might cost 2.5 million jobs? If he does this, we'll be able to say, with a great deal of certainty, that conservative ideology has again led to a Great Depression.
- Am I the only one sick of Joe Lieberman? Please retire Joe. Please?
- Over the next week, Georgia will feature a parade of losers. Literal losers, not figurative ones such as our moronic Governor Sonny Perdue and the evil Secretary of State Karen Handel. John McCain and Mike Huckabee will soon fly to Georgia to campaign for Saxby Chambliss. The Chambliss campaign has also asked Sarah Palin to visit. Let's hope that on December 2nd, Chambliss joins these losers.
- When will the Republicans start to complain that we stole the election? Did the margin of victory prevent the complaints? When has the truth ever stopped a Republican?
- At what point will Gov. Palin cease appearing on my television screen every single damned day?
- Will we have Universal Health Care sometime next year? Perhaps. Conservative Democratic Senator Max Baucus of Montanna is preparing to push the legislation early in the next session of Congress. His plan resembles the plan laid out by Hillary Clinton since there will be a mandate that every American have health insurance. As they say, elections have consequences.
- Let's hope this is good news, but, I would think that anyone, especially the rebel forces, would have a hard time trusting Omar Hassan al-Bashir.
- I must confess. I'm terrified at the prospoect of a lame duck George W. Bush. I fear the damage his decisions will bring about over the next two months. This thing isn't over until January 20th.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
8 Random Thoughts for 11/12/2008
Labels:
Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey- This is JEnnifer Lawes. I came to your wedding and you and Nicole came to mine. I just wanted to comment on the universal healthcare thing.
As a person who pays 1100 per month for BCBSGA with a 1500 deductible and a 200 RX deduct for each person, I do not want universal healthcare. Talk about the govt. telling you what to do with your body. I paid 400 in copays in 2 weeks for my family and because of this large expense I cannot have a lot of things that I might want that my sister on PeachCAre can afford. It is my responsibility. There are situations that warrant govt. help but not when one spends a ton of money on new clothes, a new car and cell phone, etc instead of healthcare. Sorry, this is a sore subject for me. I do realize that I made the choice to stay home with my kids and my husband's job does not offer insurance, so I should not complain. Just wanted to give a perspective of someone who actually spent 20,000+ on medical last year. Something does need to happen but I honestly do not know what. I know several people who just go to the ER for when their kid has anything when I know they have the 40 bucks that their pediatrician charges. Unfortunately, you cannot police what people should do with their money. I understand that some people need help at times. I do enjoy your blog even though I am definitely a Republican. Actually, I am more a Libertarian. I will support Obama because he is our President and the people spoke. He won it fair and square. Keep blogging. I like to read other viewpoints and you articulate yours well. Please say hi to Nicole for me and I hope you are doing well!
I just read your link and I have to say that it does not sound as bad as I thought. Obviously, this does not mean that everyone would be on a govt. healt plan. I just do not think it is fair to make employers buy coverage. We are also former business owners. The taxes, state and fed unemployment insurance, and numerous other fees killed us. We were hiring Americans and doing the legal thing. Workers comp is crazy high. I did our employees' payroll and all the books. I just wanted to say that I obviously jumped the gun and should have read the description!
Post a Comment