I am pro-life and I believe that marriage should only be between and man and a woman. I am opposed to any expansion of gambling in Alaska.The above quote was posted to the prom queen's campaign website in 2006. I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. "I am pro-life". As I've pointed out before, she brags about her choice to have Trig and her daughter's choice to keep her baby, yet she would remove the right to choose from other women.
"(M)arriage should only be between a man and a woman." Why? Are your reasons religious? In the US, that wouldn't really matter unless the government was forcing your church to perform gay marriages. Do you think its a threat to traditional families? How? If gay people are granted the right to marry across the country, would it destroy your marriage? Would that cheapen the relationship between you and the First Dude in any way?
Conservative opposition to gambling is a lot like conservative opposition to sex. Do they really think they can get rid of it?

1 comment:
I will quote Joy Behar on the subject of Roe v Wade: "Stay out of my uterus." LOL, loved that. It's just incomprehensible to me that any person would be against pro-choice. But, I try to be liberal-thinking enough to realize that they have the right to be narrow-minded and wrong! The most disturbing thing to me in all of Palin's and I would guess the majority of Republican's thinking, is the total LACK of TOLERANCE of anything that differs from their own belief on damn near any subject; and as if lack of tolerance isn't bad enough, the mind-set that they somehow have the right to impose their particular personal beliefs onto others. Why something so highly personal as pro-choice, or a gay couple the right to a legal marriage is somehow threatening to those who oppose, still doesn't give any of them the right to bully the rest of us into giving up our rights because they don't agree. After 8 yrs. of W and his bullying mentality, I can hope we'll have a minimum of 4 years of an intelligent, fair-minded man to lead our country, which can only be Obama.
Post a Comment