Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm a Liberal

8 Thoughts About My Political Philosophy #1

I am progressive. I am left wing. I am radical.

I do not rely on my elected officials to think for me. I do not rely on a preacher to teach me morality. I do not rely on pundits for my opinions. I do not rely on the traditional media for my news. I can do my own research. I am able to think for myself. I am intelligent.

I believe human compassion has to be at the root of any political philosophy. I believe that the most important question we can ask ourselves when debating an issue is "what's best for us?", not "what's best for me?".

I am a Democrat. I do not support every Democrat but I will not vote for any Republican. Ever. Under any circumstance.

I am a LIBERAL. If FDR didn’t run from the liberal label, why would I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should run from the word 'liberal' because it's evil, isn't it? I heard that it was on TV! I mean, 1 definition of the word is: showing or characterized by broad-mindedness. That's just an excuse to be wishy washy over issues that are so amazingly complex that they can ONLY be resolved with 'yes' and 'no' answers.