Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Al Franken Would Make a Great Senator

8 Pithy Opinions #2

I like to laugh and Al Franken is funny, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always wondered where Rush Limbaugh gets his facts, and Al Franken figured it out, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I loved the late liberal Senator from Minnesota, Paul Wellstone, and Al Franken was a good friend of Senator Wellstone and would like to live up to his example if he were elected, but that's not why I want Al Fanken in the Senate.

I'm impressed, basically, anytime I can see anyone draw anything, and Al Franken can draw the entire United States of America while taking questions at a rally, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always thought Rush Limbugh was a big fat idiot and Al Franken wrote a book called Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always wanted to be sued by Bill O'Reilly, and Al Franken was sued by Fox News at the behest of Bill O'Reilly shortly before the publication of his great book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always wanted to joke about Karl Rove and Scooter Libby being executed for Treason, and Al Franken did it, while sitting next to David Letterman no less, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always wanted to deliver a verbal smackdown to Ann Coulter about her inaccurate, slander filled books, and Al Franken did just that at The Connecticutt Forum, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I've always wanted someone to make a documentary on my life, and Al Franken's life was featured in the major motion picture Al Franken: God Spoke, but that's not why I want Al Franken in the Senate.

I want Al Franken in the Senate because he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, I like him.

No comments: