8 Moments from the 2008 VP Debate #8
There was a time that I believed in John McCain. I hoped against hope, even though I would vote for Al Gore regardless, that he would secure the 2000 nomination in the Republican primaries. I watched with shock and horror as Bush and Rove unleashed a campaign of lies against a war hero. I felt nothing but sympathy for McCain. He was the victim of the worst kind of politics.
In 2000, I was stupid and uninformed. John McCain was then, as he is now, the crassest of opportunists who will adopt whatever political persona necessary to win the White House. He was never a moderate. He was never an honorable politician. He sure as hell was never a maverick.
How can a free market ideologue be a maverick? How can a shoot first, ask questions later war monger be a maverick? How can a fiscally irresponsible tax cutter be a maverick? How can a politician who has made a career out of coddling big business be a maverick?
In the other highlight of the debate, Joe Biden ripped into the idea of John McCain: Maverick.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
A Maverick to the Rescue!
Labels:
8VPD,
Joe Biden,
John McCain,
VPDebate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment